Greater Soldotna Community Calendar
Looking for something fun to do in the Soldotna, Alaska area? Check out our community calendar! We feature events for the entire Kenai Peninsula.
2018 Kenai River Marathon
Welcome to the Kenai River Marathon!
Proceeds generated from the Kenai River Marathon will go to the Kenai Community Foundation to support the development of parks and recreation in and around Kenai. The Kenai River Marathon is hosted by the Kenai Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center in partnership with the City of Kenai as well as many other community volunteers.
- Race Day September 30, 2018
- Full Marathon start time: 9:00am
- Half Marathon start time: 10:00am
- 5K-ish Family Fun Run/Walk start time: 10:15am
- No Race Day Registration
- This is a fast, predominately flat course on pavement. The marathon route has been certified by USATF (Certification AK08002FW) and is a Boston Marathon Qualifier. Course begins with a run through Old Town Kenai allowing runners to take in a short but delightful look at the mouth of the Kenai River and the Kenai mountains. Once out of town, the course primarily follows the Unity Trail connecting the cities of Kenai and Soldotna, crossing the Kenai River twice. The course meanders through the residential area of Soldotna before connecting again with the Unity Trail along the Kenai Spur Hwy bringing runners back into Kenai for the finish at the Kenai Visitors & Cultural Center.